One week ago, our website went live.
We had a new home. We had new writers. We had a new logo.
And we had a new mascot – a giant octopus. He’s cute. He’s purple. But he doesn’t have a name.
We need to fix that. Today.
It’s time for…
NAME THAT OCTOPUS!
We need your help. We want YOU to name him!
We’re having a contest to see who can come up with the best name for our purple octopus.
Be creative. Think about the name’s meaning and how it relates to SPD. Is it a girl? A boy? An…it?
The contest is sponsored by Soft Clothing and the winner will receive a Soft Clothing outfit for their child! And, what would an octopus-naming-contest be without an octopus prize? Lori from Stress Free Kids has graciously offered a download of her book The Angry Octopus which guides children through relaxation techniques to teach them to handle their anger. A big THANK YOU to both sponsors for sponsoring our prizes! Now to the contest…
Here are the rules:
- Nominations will be taken in comments on this post
- You MUST leave your e-mail address in your comment
- You can suggest as many names as you like
- Name suggestions will be accepted from February 7th through midnight PST on February 18th
- Winner will be selected by the SPDBN staff and our guest judge Jessica Ralli from Soft Clothing
- Winner will be notified via e-mail
- The winning name will be announced on February 21st!
Ask your kids! Tell your friends! Let’s Name Our Octopus!